More often than not, your first contact with a prospective donor, volunteer or service user is through your website – if they don’t find what they need quickly they’ll click the back button within seconds.
The good news is that by following some simple writing rules you can stop that happening.
This half-day introductory course lets you in to some of the tricks of professional copywriting, showing you how to create clear and concise web content that people actually want to read.
Through a series of practical exercises you’ll learn how to draw readers in and keep their attention. You’ll pick up some simple techniques for boosting your search engine ranking and see how high quality writing can increase donations.
And by looking at some common copywriting mistakes you’ll learn how to avoid bland corporate waffle – or, just as bad, meaningless jargon.
Topics covered include:
- How people read online and how to write for them
- Defining your audience and finding a tone of voice
- Communicating important information clearly
- Writing to raise funds – a checklist for donation pages
- An introduction to search engine optimisation (SEO)
Who’s it for?
This course is for you if you work within a charity, social enterprise or statutory body and:
- are new to writing web pages and blog posts
- have some experience in writing for the web but could do with a refresher
- regularly write web content but haven’t had formal training yet.
Method and duration of course
Half day course with workshop exercises, small group activities and group discussion.
We charge a flat rate of £360 for our one day in-house training courses and £220 for a half day course. (Registered charities and community groups receive a 20% discount.) We only charge travel expenses if the venue is outside London or the Southend-on-Sea area.
[su_button url=”http://www.caraway-comms.co.uk/about-us/getintouch/” style=”soft” background=”#8e828b” size=”8″]Contact us today to book this course[/su_button]
Other training courses
- Email marketing with Mailchimp – beginners
- Email marketing with Mailchimp – intermediate
- Writing for the public (museums and galleries)
- DIY PR: How to raise your charity’s profile in the media
- TripAdvisor secrets
- Marketing essentials (charities)
- Marketing essentials (museums and galleries)
- Training for CVSs